Thursday, November 12, 2009

It happens every year.

Something about the "fall back" change of clocks always seems derail my workout routine. It probably has something to do with transitioning from leaving work in daylight to facing darkness as I exit the kitchen door. It adds to that feeling of "it's late and I need to get home".
Of course it probably doesn't help that it happens around now when summer has truly departed and autumn events are ramping into full swing.

This week for example was the Whole Beast dinner on Monday, I had a massage appointment last evening and coming up I have to prepare for hosting the lovely Ms. J's birthday party this weekend.

Add to that I just had to let one of my employees go. So that requires me working later than I had been.

Of course all these things are excuses. I have my workout routine and I'm pretty dedicated to it. Still, it's amazing how easily little things can derail that routine.
That's ok though. It's not bad to get derailed every once in a while. Just so long as you recognize it for what it is and you get yourself back on the rails quickly.

I haven't taken any photos since the start of the week. Bad Patrick.
I want to keep images flowing on here, so here is a pic of a Dragon Roll I had a Mashiko last Saturday. If you live in Seattle and haven't been to Mashiko yet, you should make a point of going. Absolutely delicious sushi an they serve 100% sustainable seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment